VSA Tennessee is searching for the recipient of the 2018 Young Soloist Award! The VSA Young Soloist Award recognizes outstanding young vocalists and instrumentalists with a disability. This is an opportunity for musically talented students and young professionals to earn scholarship funds and possibly an opportunity to perform in Washington, D.C. at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
- Vocalist or instrumentalist
- Age 25 or younger by November 1, 2017
- Must have a disability (physical, mental or emotional)
- Ensembles of 2-8 members may also apply. The ensemble can be anything from a rock band to a chamber quartet to a drum corp. At least one member of the ensemble must have a disability and all members must fit the age requirement as noted above.
- Complete application form (attached)
- Link to Youtube performance or mp3 files
- Application requirements must be emailed to VSA Tennessee at email@example.com before 5pm on Friday, Dec. 8, 2017.
- All applicants must be available to perform on Wed. Feb.2, 2018 at MTSU at 7pm. Award winners will be announced at this time.
- Cash prizes for the top two finalists
- Performance opportunity TBA
VSA arts TENNESSEE
YOUNG SOLOISTS AWARD
(If this is a group, please provide applicant and contact info for all members and note which has a disability)
2018 Application Form
Date of Birth:
Telephone Number: ( ) Email:
Check the category in which you plan to apply. If you are an instrumentalist, please list the instrument on which you will perform.
____ Instrumentalist ___________________________ (instrument)
Type of disability:
You must submit three performance selections. We recommend recording your best piece first. Live music, not recorded, must be used as accompaniment if accompaniment is needed. Please list the selections below:
Selection #1:________________________________ Length:_____________
Parent/Guardian Signature (if applicant is under age 21): _____________________________________
*Please email this form and links to performances to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Friday, Dec. 8, 2017.
This program is funded through the generous support of Congressman Diane and Dr. David Black and the First TN Bank Foundation.