Bob Stagner just completed a residency for Borderless Arts TN under a contract from the John F Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts at the Tennessee School for the Blind.The art students followed the example of African American Artist Alma Thomas who’s study was circles. The students build an instrument out of multi sized cans that were painted and treated. The students said”colors would pop on stage”. The students were encouraged to listen to African water music played by splashing cupped hand sounds,bamboo players,and Gamelan gong orchestras. Bob also worked with the music students in playing the instrument. The instrument will be at the 10th anniversary of the Cups of Co-Opportunity event Clay Lady’s Studios, Artist Co-OP & Galleries on Feb. 22.
Get the latest Borderless Arts Tennessee News via Email!
Search by Keyword
- Share your arts story in the Arts Issue of Breaking Ground November 29, 2022
- A Wonderful Kringle Jingle!!!! November 20, 2022
- Glass Workshop November 13, 2022
- Finger Crochet November 13, 2022
- Art Exhibit – Jennifer Scallorn November 2, 2022