The Teapot Diplomats have been working on an international weaving project exchange with Morocco. The Diplomats began this project in March with a workshop under the artistic direction of Kathy Plourde to make paper doves with messages about what community means. Morocco sent messages as well as what community means to them. The group then went to MTSU and worked with Lauren Rudd on weaving looms to make woven items with strips of fabric with words and symbols from Morocco and the US about community. On April 19, the group met with artist Dee Kimbrell to make hand woven small tea coasters. The art and lesson plans will be shared with Morocco later this year.
Get the latest Borderless Arts Tennessee News via Email!
Search by Keyword
- Borderless Arts/Blair School of Music Dulcimer Choir at Studio C June 28, 2019
- Hans Christian Andersen Project June 28, 2019
- Theater Camp Is Almost Here June 18, 2019
- Teapot Diplomat Workshop This Saturday June 18, 2019
- Come Visit WSM Radio With Us June 18, 2019