The Teapot Diplomats have been working on an international weaving project exchange with Morocco. The Diplomats began this project in March with a workshop under the artistic direction of Kathy Plourde to make paper doves with messages about what community means. Morocco sent messages as well as what community means to them. The group then went to MTSU and worked with Lauren Rudd on weaving looms to make woven items with strips of fabric with words and symbols from Morocco and the US about community. On April 19, the group met with artist Dee Kimbrell to make hand woven small tea coasters. The art and lesson plans will be shared with Morocco later this year.
Get the latest Borderless Arts Tennessee News via Email!
Search by Keyword
- Jingle All the Way! December 4, 2023
- A Wonderful Surprise November 30, 2023
- Young Soloist October 23, 2023
- Recipient of the Governor’s Arts Awards in Arts Leadership October 20, 2023
- STEAMing Ahead with our Education Residencies October 20, 2023